Did you know?
- The school’s enrollment has grown consistently for the last eight years.
- The school has students who reside in Teaneck/Bergenfield/New Milford & Englewood/Tenafly with a growing representation from Fair Lawn, Monsey, & Riverdale.
- Current grades are Toddler through Eighth. In June 2014 we celebrated our first graduating class. We continue to collaborate with the area high schools in order to set our graduates up for success in the schools of their choice.
- The school has an unparalleled Ivrit program, which results not only in the students’ fluency in Hebrew, but in fuller and stronger religious identity, as students understand tefilla and can participate in a high level of Torah learning. This aspect, in addition to the presence of shlichim and bnot sherut, supports the school’s Zionistic and religious philosophy.
- The Judaic studies program includes teaching of both Sephardic and Ashkenazic traditions side by side to emphasize a ‘klal Yisrael’ approach, so that our students will feel comfortable in any shul or community around the world. The teaching of Ahavat Yisrael is naturally woven into the fabric of the school, thereby fostering an atmosphere of fine middot.
- Ben Porat Yosef is known for its excellence in its general studies program, whose hallmark is small group, differentiated instruction. Children receive enrichment and support, as needed, within their regular classrooms. Students are taught according to their individual level and learning style within their group. Technology is integrated into all subject areas, with SMARTboards used daily in every elementary school classroom. Every junior high student (grades 6, 7, and 8) receives his/her own iPad in BPY’s unique iPad 1:1 program launched in September 2013.
- Ben Porat Yosef has a full Learning Center, including both enrichment and support, to meet the needs of our students.
- The school is also famous for its child-centered approach to Early Childhood education, Hebrew immersion program, and strong early literacy experiences.
- The school offers transportation from age 2 1/2, early drop off, after school clubs, and extended care until 5:30 pm (dependent on age).
- Ben Porat Yosef prides itself on its warm, nurturing, family-type atmosphere. This is part of the educational philosophy of the school.