Process & Calendar
Ben Porat Yosef is committed to determining the best “student-school” match from among our applicants. In order to accomplish this we thoroughly review each child’s profile both as presented in the application and as reviewed with the previous school. By getting to know the applicant families through the application process we will gain a better understanding of the individual child so that we may ensure the greatest potential for a “win-win” placement.
STEPS IN THE PROCESS
- We invite our applicant parents to attend our Open House, to be held on Tuesday, November 1, at 7:45 PM at the school. By doing so, parents will be able to better acquaint themselves with all that Ben Porat Yosef has to offer. In addition, parents will be able to meet with our administration and faculty.
- Scheduled visits and guided tours will take place during the months of November and December. During these visits parents will have the opportunity to see our classrooms in action and to speak with school parents as well as administrators. We actively encourage school visits in order to gain a full appreciation for the atmosphere and the unique and special warmth of Ben Porat Yosef.
- Applications are due December 19, 2016. Applications are not complete for review without: check for $800 made payable to Ben Porat Yosef, the applicant child’s birth certificate, and two recent photos of the child. School records, reports cards, standardized testing scores and any other formal evaluations (where applicable) should be submitted together with the application for all students entering grades 1 and above.
- Completed applications will be reviewed as part of the total pool if received by the deadline. Please note that applications are not reviewed on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Applications received after December 19, 2016 will be reviewed on a rolling basis, pending class availability.
- Notification of acceptance and status will be sent out by January 18, 2017. For additional information and answers to any other questions please contact Ruth Roth, Director of Admissions: RuthR@BenPoratYosef.org
Click here to apply!